The Scarab Mistral is a modern version of the traditional auxiliary engine sweeper and combines Scarab’s renowned sweeping technology with the power of the Cummins B3 turbo-charged diesel engine. The Cummins engine is more durable and quieter than conventional engines as it runs at a lower RPM and therefore is more fuel efficient. With this in mind, the engine works to complement Scarab’s compact design and their hydraulic drive system that powers all the suction and sweeping applications quietly and economically. Further to this, their unique drive system also eliminates the need for complex drive belt arrangements or gear boxes and therefore less wearing parts for maintenance.
One of the key features of the Scarab Mistral is the conversion of the steering configuration to dual steer using genuine Isuzu components including a second steering box. The benefits include lighter and more precise steering than a cross shaft dual steer conversion for the life of the road sweeper and greater manoeuvrability around objects like cars and road or site obstacles. The Isuzu FSR is Euro V compliant, has a GVM of 14 tonne (12 t optional) and is powered by the 7.8 litre diesel engine with an output of 191kW at 2,400 RPM (761Nm at 1,450 RPM).
The Benefits of Scarab’s CANbus Technology:
- Illuminated symbols when the sweeping functions have been engaged
- A more compact, less intrusive console and door pod with improved ergonomics
- Simplified chassis wiring – minimising errors such as short or open circuits
- Lower servicing down-time with the ability to identify faults with self diagnostics
- Has the facility to easily incorporate a GPS system that can record sweeping data