Rosmech are not required to provide a refund or replacement if you change your mind but you can choose a refund or exchange if an item has a major problem*. This is when the item has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the item if they had known about it, is unsafe or is significantly different from the sample or description, doesn’t do what we said it would, or what you asked for and can’t be easily fixed. If the problem is not major, we will repair the item within a reasonable time. If it is not repaired in a reasonable time you can choose a refund or replacement. Please keep your proof of purchase – e.g. your receipt/tax invoice.
Replacements and refunds
You can ask for a replacement or refund if the problem with the product is major.
Replaced products must be of an identical type to the product originally supplied. Refunds will be the same amount you have already paid, provided in the same form as your original payment.
Rosmech may take into account how much time has passed since you bought the product considering the following factors:
- type of product
- how a you are likely to use the product
- the length of time for which it is reasonable for the product to be used
- the amount of use it could reasonably be expected to tolerate before the failure becomes noticeable
*What is a major problem?
A product or good has a major problem when:
- it has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it
- it is significantly different from the sample or description
- it is substantially unfit for its common purpose and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time
- it doesn’t do what you asked for and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time; or
- it is unsafe.
You are entitled to return a product if you believe that there is a problem. You are generally responsible for returning the product if it can be posted or easily returned. You are entitled to recover reasonable postage or transportation costs from the business if the product is confirmed to have a problem, so keep your receipt/invoice.